Do I need an unsubscribe link in my campaign?
The CAN-SPAM Act requires your message "include a clear and conspicuous explanation of how the recipient can opt out of getting email from you in the future." Contrary to popular belief, you don't need to include an unsubscribe link in your emails. A simple "reply back if you don't want to receive emails from me in the future" can fulfill your obligation to the US Government, though you should be aware of the local regulations that may affect your requirements based on your location or the location of the individual you are contacting.
How do I add an unsubscribe link to a campaign?
Unsubscribe links can easily be added to your email signature (link to signature) .
- The quickest way to add an unsubscribe link to a signature is to go to the Email Signatures section of your Account Settings.
- Alternatively, open any an active, paused, or draft campaign and select 'Edit Steps' to create/remove/edit the unsubscribe link for any email signature applied.
*Any edits made to your Signature, like adding an unsubscribe link, will be applied to EVERY new email that uses the edited Signature.
A contact replied to an email and asked to be unsubscribed. What should I do?
Not everyone is thrilled to get an email from you and they may elect to NOT click your unsubscribe link and opt to reply to your email and request their email address be removed.
These replies can range from a civil 'please remove' to an expletive ridden personal attack condemning you for having the audacity to contact them via email. Don't take it personally and make sure to honor their request by manually unsubscribing them.
There are 3 options where you can find the correct contact who opted out.
- Go to the 'Replies' section of your ToDos and open the message from the contact requesting to be unsubscribed. Click the 'unsubscribe' link to confirm.
- Go to the Contacts section and run a search to locate your contact. Click on the contact row to go to the detailed 'expanded view' of the contact record. Locate and click the 'unsubscribe' option next to the edit contact button.
- Go to the Campaign and click on the 'Campaign Contacts' section. Use the search filters to locate your contact. Click the contact row, then click 'expanded view' of the contact record. Locate and click the 'unsubscribe' option next to the edit contact button.
What happens when a contact is unsubscribed?
When a contact has been successfully unsubscribed, a red 'Unsubscribed' badge label will be visible on the contact details page.
Replyify will never send another email from your account to the email address that was unsubscribed. If your contact has more than one email address or you'd rather not email anyone from that company in the future, please consider adding the email and company to your suppression list. (suppression list link)